Today’s passenger trains contain dozens of electronic control units that communicate through multiple Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks. Quester Tangent is an established but growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train data software and hardware, automated signage, and audiovisual products that are an integral part of these networks.
Join our team and help create innovative products used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities across North America and around the world.
Quester Tangent is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects all employees as individuals, regardless of age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, and gender. Diversity brings new ideas, inspires innovation, and strengthens the company.
Quester Tangent is seeking a junior and an intermediate full stack developer for our FleetWise® wayside monitoring and diagnostic software solution.
FleetWise® is an innovative, cost-effective data-management system designed to help rail transit authorities remotely collect and analyze operational and maintenance data and access a unified view to optimize fleet performance.
These positions will be adapted to meet the abilities of the successful applicants. The applicant with significant training and experience will be given the challenges and responsibility to match their abilities. The junior-level applicant will receive the time and mentoring necessary to develop into the role.
The salary will vary depending on education level and years of experience in the field. Quester Tangent offers a competitive benefits package, quarterly personal days, and flex-time hours.
- Maintaining high standards of software quality by establishing good practices and habits.
- Collaborating with other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web-based applications in accordance with established standards.
- Creating rapid prototypes to support the design process.
- Integrating developed code with automated test infrastructure.
- Participating in peer reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Assisting with preparation of design and test documents.
The ability to travel is a requirement of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Experience with back and front-end web development using ASP.NET MVC.
- Working knowledge of developing, deploying, and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Ability to create innovative, yet maintainable and testable solutions.
- Must be able to travel.
- Experience with managing Windows Server within an Active Directory managed domain.
- Understanding of security best practices (database, intranet, and internet).
- Understanding of detailed interactions of network programming on wired and wireless LANs.
Reply in confidence to:
Quester Tangent Corporation
Attn: Human Resources
Or send via e-mail to: email@example.com
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.