Today’s passenger trains contain dozens of electronic control units that communicate through multiple Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks. Quester Tangent is an established but growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train control/monitoring systems and passenger information systems that are an integral part of these networks.
Join our team and help create innovative products used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities across North America and around the world.
Quester Tangent is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects all employees as individuals, regardless of age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, and gender. Diversity brings new ideas, inspires innovation, and strengthens the company.
Quester Tangent is seeking a junior or intermediate network software developer with a solid understanding of real-time computing in a multi-threaded environment, along with experience in C/C++ coding/debugging and network programming using many different protocols.
This position will be adapted to meet the abilities of the successful applicant. The applicant with significant training and experience will be given the challenges and responsibility to match their abilities. The junior-level applicant will receive the time and mentoring necessary to develop into the role.
- Designing, building and testing network application software in a Linux environment on ARM targets.
- Preparing requirements, design and test documentation to IEEE software standards.
- Implementing test suites.
- Interacting with development team members and customers.
The ability to travel is a requirement of this position.
The salary will vary depending on education level and years of experience in the field. Quester Tangent offers a competitive benefits package, quarterly personal days, and flex-time hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Development experience coding/debugging in C/C++.
- Understanding of real-time computing in a multi-threaded environment.
- Understanding of detailed interactions of network programming on wired and wireless LANs.
- Ability to create innovative, yet maintainable and testable solutions.
- Ability to travel.
Reply in confidence to:
Quester Tangent Corporation
Attn: Human Resource
Or send via e-mail to: email@example.com
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.