Today’s passenger trains contain dozens of electronic control units that communicate through multiple Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks. Quester Tangent is an established but growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train data software and hardware, automated signage, and audiovisual products that are an integral part of these networks.
Join our team and help create innovative products used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities across North America and around the world.
The Production technologist is key player in Quester Tangent’s Transit products manufacturing. The focus of this position is the ability to assemble, test, troubleshoot, repair and analyze failures of mechanical, electrical and software based products.
Work is performed under the general direction of the Production Supervisor and is reviewed on a daily basis. Strong attention to detail and consistently high quality workmanship are required.
Quester Tangent offers a competitive salary and benefits package, an opportunity for travel, and a friendly work environment.
- Tests electronic systems and circuit boards utilizing standard production documentation including Routine test procedures, schematics, and component descriptions.
- Installs production software and firmware into completed electronic assemblies.
- Conducts routine testing of completed electronic assemblies and sub-assemblies and prepares adequate records for quality system’s requirements.
- Documents all production and test activities as required and assists in the maintenance of assembly, test, and configuration management records.
- Identifies and records any product quality problem.
- Controls further processing or delivery of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- Initiates action to prevent the occurrence of product nonconformity and to improve the product and processes.
- Verifies the implementation of corrective and preventive actions.
- Troubleshoots Field failed returns as RMA’s and takes corrective actions to prevent the occurrence of product nonconformity towards improving the product and processes.
- Miscellaneous duties as required.
- Diploma or degree in Electronics or Electrical engineering from a recognized institution.
- Strong competence and abilities to troubleshoot and repair complex electronic circuits.
- Solid understanding of all aspects of electronic circuit board assembly including component handling, soldering and cleaning in a static controlled environment.
- Solid understanding of all aspects of electronic hardware assembly including cable assembly, mechanical support hardware and enclosure assembly.
- Basic knowledge of computer operations including file manipulation, program initiation and operation, and connection to serial and parallel ports.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a high-energy environment with minimum supervision.
- Significant experience in high reliability soldering.
- General knowledge of production techniques, standards, quality control principles and practices.
- Commitment to high standards of workmanship and attention to detail.
- Experience as Production Technologist in electronics industry is preferred.
Reply in confidence to:
Quester Tangent Corporation
Attn: Human Resources
Or send via e-mail to: email@example.com
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.