Today’s passenger trains contain dozens of electronic control units that communicate through multiple Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks. Quester Tangent is an established but growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train data software and hardware, automated signage, and audiovisual products that are an integral part of these networks.
Join our team and help create innovative products used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities across North America and around the world.
Quester Tangent is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects all employees as individuals, regardless of age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, and gender. Diversity brings new ideas, inspires innovation, and strengthens the company.
Quester Tangent is seeking a junior or intermediate level Embedded Software Developer with a solid understanding of real-time computing in a multi-threaded environment, along with experience in C/C++ coding and debugging, network programming, and multiple Internet and Ethernet protocols.
This position will be adapted to meet the abilities of the successful applicant. The applicant with significant training and experience will be given the challenges and responsibility to match their abilities. The junior-level applicant will receive the time and mentoring necessary to develop into the role.
- Delivering network and application software for embedded RTOS and Linux environments on ARM targets.
- Preparing requirements, design, and test documentation to IEEE software standards.
- Implementing test suites.
- Integration and testing of embedded systems.
- Interacting with development team members and customers.
The ability to travel is a requirement of this position.
The salary will vary depending on education level and years of experience in the field. Quester Tangent offers a competitive benefits package, quarterly personal days, and flex-time hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Development experience coding and debugging in C/C++ on an embedded micro-controller platform.
- Understanding of ARM microcontroller architecture and embedded real-time environments .
- Capable of reading electronic schematics and component data sheets.
- Ability to create innovative, yet maintainable and testable solutions.
- Must be able to travel.
This position requires the following types of skills to be successful. Experience in every area is not a prerequisite. On-the-job training will be provided to fill in any gaps.
- Experience with Internet and Ethernet protocols.
- Solid experience in troubleshooting and testing of embedded systems.
- Device driver development experience.
Reply in confidence to:
Quester Tangent Corporation
Attn: Human Resources
Or send via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.