Quester Tangent is seeking a junior or intermediate test automation developer to perform a vital role in the development and quality of our software and hardware products. As a test automation developer, you will be involved in all stages of software development and work as part of a team developing a brand new automated test facility. Using this new test facility, you will create and execute automated and manual tests to ensure that software meets technical requirements, and perform testing at each stage to identify and resolve problems early in the design cycle.
This position will be adapted to meet the abilities of the successful applicant. The applicant with significant training and experience will be given the challenges and responsibility to match their abilities. The junior-level applicant will receive the time and mentoring necessary to develop into the role.
Typical tasks and responsibilities include:
- Working with team members to develop a new automated test facility.
- Coordinating with other developers to ensure that software is designed for testability.
- Working with Product Team Leads to establish test cases.
- Creating automated test scripts for performance, regression, and stress tests.
- Working with developers to resolve problems discovered while testing.
- Creating bug reports to provide feedback to the development team.
All work is performed at the office. The ability to travel is not a requirement for this position, but travel opportunities may be available if the applicant shows interest and aptitude for working in the field.
The salary will vary depending on education level and years of experience in the field. Quester Tangent offers a competitive benefits package, quarterly personal days, and flex-time hours.
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
- At least one year’s experience in software development and/or testing.
This position requires the following types of skills to be successful. Experience in every area is not a prerequisite. On-the-job training will be provided to fill in any gaps.
- Strong knowledge of design for testability principles.
- Verification of network traffic management, shaping, scheduling, and policing.
- Understanding of IP packet forwarding/switching/routing.
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Bash, Tcl, etc.).
- Experience with programming languages (C, C++, C#).
- Experience with traffic generation tools (Ixia, Spirent, Xena, etc.).
- Experience with lab PC setup and configuration (Linux, Windows).
- Experience with open source Ethernet tools (TCPDump, Wireshark, iPerf, etc.).
While not required for the position, these skills can help set you apart from other applicants:
- Second language (we have customers all over the world)
- Understanding of basic electronic circuit theory (useful when interfacing with hardware developers)
- Hands-on mechanical and electrical abilities (assembling test racks, creating cable harnesses)
Send your resume and cover letter in confidence to Quester Tangent Corporation (Attn: Human Resources) either by fax: 250-655-4696 or via e-mail to: email@example.com
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.