Join the Quester Tangent Team!
Today’s passenger trains contain dozens of electronic control units that communicate through Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks. Quester Tangent is an established but growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train control and monitoring systems and passenger information systems that are an integral part of these networks.
Join our team and help create innovative products used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities across North America and around the world!
Additionally, this role includes an optional hybrid work plan that incorporates a mixture of in-office and remote work in an employee’s schedule.
Quester Tangent is seeking an experienced Full Stack Developer to perform a vital role for our FleetWise® wayside monitoring and diagnostic software solution.
FleetWise® is an innovative, cost-effective data-management system designed to help rail transit authorities remotely collect and analyze operational and maintenance data and access a unified view to optimize fleet performance.
Find out more at FleetWise Wayside and Monitoring System.
We have the ability to adapt this position to meet the abilities of the successful applicant. An applicant with significant training and experience will be given the challenges and responsibility to match their abilities. An Intermediate-level applicant will receive the time and mentoring necessary to develop into the role.
How you will spend your time:
· Maintaining high standards of software quality by establishing good practices and habits
· Collaborating with other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web-based applications in accordance with established standards
· Creating rapid prototypes to support the design process
· Integrating developed code with automated test infrastructure
· Participating in peer reviews of solution designs and related code
· Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
· Assisting with preparation of design and test documents
· The ability to travel (when safe) will be a requirement of this position
What you will need to succeed:
· Diploma or degree in Software or Computer Engineering, Computer Science; or related experience
· 5+ years product development experience
· Strong knowledge in OOP, OOD and SOA is mandatory
· Knowledge and experience using EF
· Experience with back and front-end web development using ASP.NET MVC
· Experience in a multi-tier architecture
· Some experience creating unit tests, mainly with VS suite tools
· Knowledge of dependency injection tools such as MEF
· Working knowledge of developing, deploying, and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server databases
· Ability to create innovative, yet maintainable and testable solutions
Experiences that will help you thrive:
· Experience managing Windows Server within an Active Directory managed domain
· Experience with WCF
· Knowledge of .NET best practices and design patterns
· Understanding of security best practices (database, intranet, and internet)
· Understanding of detailed network interactions on wired and wireless LANs
What we offer:
Quester Tangent is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects all employees as individuals, regardless of age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, and gender. Diversity brings new ideas, inspires innovation, and strengthens the company.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, opportunity for travel (when safe to do so), quarterly paid personal days, and flexible core hours. We are located outside of the downtown core, on a major bus route. We offer free parking for those of you who wish to drive, and shower facilities for those who prefer to cycle.
COVID-19 Update: Strengthening our workforce is the key to meeting our customers’ needs. We continue to hire talented people using safe hiring practices. This includes limiting onsite visitors and prioritizing video interviews. Our on-site protocols have been very effective in keeping our team safe.
How to Apply:
Apply by sending your resume to: email@example.com.
*Please remember to include which position you are applying to.