Join the Quester Tangent Team!
Today’s passenger trains contain dozens of electronic control units that communicate through Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks. Quester Tangent is an established and growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train control and monitoring systems and passenger information systems that are an integral part of these networks.
Join our team and help us create innovative products used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities across North America and around the world!
We are seeking a team-oriented Hardware Engineer to help augment our electrical engineering team for rail transit products. As the Hardware Engineer, you will work with our engineers in developing high-quality, while working with state-of-the art electronic systems and design methodology, as well as according to industry standards.
Compensation will be awarded based on your level of skill, training and experience.
How you will spend your time:
· Preparation of design and test documentation to international standards.
· Development of schematics, PCB layups and prototyping.
· Customer contact, in-field integration and/or training.
· Testing and evaluation of hardware.
What you’ll need to succeed:
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
· Understanding detailed interactions of hardware and embedded software.
· Ability to create innovative, yet maintainable solutions.
· Takes pride in good workmanship with attention to detail.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Works comfortably in a team environment and with minimal supervision.
· Ability to travel.
Experience that will help you thrive:
· Experience conducting tests in accordance with formal test procedures, evaluating results, and preparing test reports.
· Experience with lab testing equipment such as oscilloscopes, meters, etc.
· Experience designing, laying out, and assembling printed circuit boards.
What we offer:
Quester Tangent is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects all employees as individuals, regardless of age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, and gender. Diversity brings new ideas, inspires innovation, and strengthens the company.
The salary will vary depending on your particular skillset and years of experience. Quester Tangent offers a competitive benefits package, quarterly personal days, and flex-time hours.
In support of a health work-life balance, we are proud to offer a full suite of group benefits, personal paid days off, and are located outside of the downtown core in an area surrounded by natural green spaces. We have showers and bicycle racks if you wish to commute by bicycle, free parking if you prefer to drive, and on a major bus route if you prefer public transit.
COVID-19 Update: Strengthening our workforce is the key to meeting our customers’ needs. We continue to hire talented people using safe hiring practices. This includes limiting onsite visitors and prioritizing video interviews. Our on-site protocols have been very effective in keeping our team safe throughout the pandemic.
How to Apply:
Apply by sending your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please remember to include which position you are applying to.