Quester Tangent is seeking a Junior to Intermediate Full Stack Developer to perform a vital role for our FleetWise® wayside monitoring and diagnostic software solution.
FleetWise® is an innovative, cost-effective data-management system designed to help rail transit authorities remotely collect and analyze operational and maintenance data and access a unified view to optimize fleet performance.
This position will be adapted to meet the abilities of the successful applicant. An applicant with significant training and experience will be given the challenges and responsibility to match their abilities. A Junior-level applicant will receive the time and mentoring necessary to develop into the role.
Find out more at FleetWise Wayside and Monitoring System.
How you will spend your time:
• Maintaining high standards of software quality by establishing good practices and habits
• Collaborating with other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web-based applications in accordance with established standards
• Creating rapid prototypes to support the design process
• Integrating developed code with automated test infrastructure
• Participating in peer reviews of solution designs and related code
• Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
• Assisting with preparation of design and test documents
The ability to travel is a requirement of this position (when safe to do so).
The salary will vary depending on education level and years of experience in the field. Quester Tangent offers a competitive benefits package, quarterly personal days, and flex-time hours.
What you will need to succeed:
• Diploma or degree in Software or Computer Engineering, Computer Science; or related experience
• 1-4 years product development experience
• Strong knowledge in OOP, OOD and SOA is mandatory
• Knowledge and experience using EF
• Experience with back and front-end web development using ASP.NET MVC
• Experience in a multi-tier architecture
• Some experience creating unit tests, mainly with VS suite tools
• Knowledge of dependency injection tools such as MEF
• Working knowledge of developing, deploying, and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server databases
• Ability to create innovative, yet maintainable and testable solutions
Experiences that will help you thrive:
• Experience with managing Windows Server within an Active Directory managed domain
• Experience with VS 2019 Enterprise, .NET Core and Blazor UI Framework
• Experience with WCF
• Knowledge of .NET best practices and design patterns
• Understanding of security best practices (database, intranet, and internet)
• Understanding of detailed network interactions on wired and wireless LANs
Today’s passenger trains contain dozens of electronic control units that communicate through Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks. Quester Tangent is an established but growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train control and monitoring systems and passenger information systems that are an integral part of these networks.
Join our team and help create innovative products used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities across North America and around the world.
Quester Tangent is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects all employees as individuals, regardless of age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, and gender. Diversity brings new ideas, inspires innovation, and strengthens our company.
In support of a health work-life balance, we are proud to offer flexible work schedules, a full suite of group benefits, personal paid days off, and a location outside of the downtown core in an area surrounded by natural green spaces. We have showers and bicycle racks if you wish to commute by bicycle, free parking if you prefer to drive, and we are on a major bus route if you use public transit.
COVID-19 Update: Strengthening our workforce is the key to meeting our customers’ needs. We continue to hire talented people using safe hiring practices. This includes limiting onsite visitors and prioritizing video interviews. Our on-site protocols have been very effective in keeping our team safe throughout the pandemic.
How to Apply:
Send an e-mail to Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org