Quester Tangent is seeking an experienced leader who enjoys the challenges of a manufacturing and operations environment.
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, the Manufacturing Manager is an integral member of our management team and actively participates in achieving the organization’s financial, operational and service successes. You will coordinate, plan and direct all activities related to our manufacturing, logistics and inventory control functions.
- Manage the product manufacturing-related processes, procedures, systems and schedules
- Control all manufacturing inspection, assembly and test activities
- Control the selection and use of inspection, measuring & test equipment
- Ensure that nonconforming materials/products in manufacturing are adequately controlled
- Control the handling and storage of materials
- Control the product servicing process
- Jointly control the supplier evaluation and purchasing processes
- Ensure that the inspection status of all product in Manufacturing is clearly identified
- Jointly control the application of statistical techniques
- Prepare input for quotations, including identification of training and resource needs
- Ensure the required documentation is created and maintained across all functions
- Prepare, review and approve purchase requisitions
- Monitor the care and handling of Customer-supplied products
- Document and control processes in their areas
- Manage non-conformance and corrective actions
- Manage a large team of employees, including training and mentoring.
What you will need to succeed:
- Eight (8) years relevant experience in a role with a similar level of responsibility and scope
- Five (5) years experience in a manufacturing or production environment
- Diploma or degree in the field of Electronics or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Solid working knowledge of Quality Management System’s procedures, policies and directives
- Experience negotiating and communicating with Suppliers
- Intrinsically motivated with a continuing commitment to high standards of workmanship and attention to detail
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and persuasively at all levels: senior management, team members and clients
- Superior planning and organization skills; ensure efficient processes and use of resources
- Ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet tight deadlines.
Who we are:
Established in 1983, Quester Tangent is a privately owned, Canadian corporation and a designer and manufacturer of software products and hardware systems that allow users to acquire, monitor, validate and process large amounts of data in either historical or real-time. While the application of the technology is ideal for any industry requiring data handling and supervised or unsupervised processing capabilities, the company’s key market is Transit electronics. To date, Quester Tangent has sales in over 30 countries.
Today’s passenger trains contain dozens of electronic control units that communicate through Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks. Quester Tangent is an established but growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train control and monitoring systems and passenger information systems that are an integral part of these networks.
Join our team and help create innovative products used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities across North America and around the world.
Quester Tangent is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects all employees as individuals, regardless of age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, and gender. Diversity brings new ideas, inspires innovation, and strengthens the company.
In support of a healthy work-life balance, we are proud to offer a full suite of group benefits, personal paid days off, and are located outside of the downtown core near natural green spaces. We have showers and bicycle racks if you wish to commute by bicycle, free parking if you prefer to drive, and are on a major bus route if you prefer public transit.
How to Apply:
Please apply by sending your resume to: email@example.com.
*Please remember to include which position you are applying to.