Today’s passenger trains contain dozens of electronic control units that communicate through Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks. Quester Tangent is an established and growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train control and monitoring systems and passenger information systems that are an integral part of these networks.
Join our team and help us create innovative products used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities across North America and around the world.
As a member of the Manufacturing team, the NPI Engineer is be responsible for the smooth transition of product design to production. This encompasses new products or updates to existing products and processes.
How you will spend your time:
• Improving the manufacturability of the design to reduce cost and increase quality
• Aligning the Bill of Material structure for ERP integration and optimization
• Transitioning designs from prototype phase builds through to full production
• Facilitating continuous improvement by providing Engineering with feedback on prototype builds
• Reviewing of manufacturing related change control
• Generating/updating manufacturing documentation for products and processes
• Assembling/Testing of prototypes
• Participating in quarterly design reviews
• Supporting the Manufacturing team for technical issues by providing recommendations/solutions to defects
• Gains a working knowledge across the scope of all QTC transit products
• Performs a variety of duties in support of manufacturing at QTC.
How you will make an impact:
The NPI Engineer has the authority, when exercised through the Manufacturing Manager to influence design decisions, product manufacturability, and processes used both internally and at external suppliers.
• Supports Manufacturing and Engineering in the delivery of designs and prototypes and support for the production team through initial production runs• Increases product value at QTC by providing advice on the manufacturability of new products
• Improves the present manufacturing or production processes to boost productivity, quality, and profitability for the company. This includes the establishment of new processes and the development of metrics to measure success
• Examines product for defects, utilizing knowledge of manufacturing and quality standards, to ensure conformance to product specifications
What you will need to succeed:
• Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in an engineering, technical, or scientific field
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in electronics production
• Strong technical aptitude with the ability to understand and communicate complex technical issues
• SMT experience in Electronics manufacturing environment. (Preferred)
• A high degree of motivation with the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work with others in a high energy environment with minimum supervision
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks
Experiences that will help you thrive:
• Well rounded manufacturing background with strong technical knowledge of the following processes: PCB assembly, Box build assembly, metal processing (sheet metal forming, machining, and casting), and cable fabrication
• Extensive knowledge of electronics production techniques and an ability to work with a diverse group of employees
• General knowledge of production techniques, standards, manufacturing and quality control principles and practices
• Solid working knowledge of Quality Management Systems, control procedures, policies and directives
• Proven project coordination and management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to drive decisions and work cross-functionally
• Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
• Flexible and adaptable; willing to take on additional responsibilities as appropriate
• Proficient computer skills with MS Office and ERP systems
• Commitment to high standards of workmanship and attention to detail.
Quester Tangent is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects all employees as individuals, regardless of age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, and gender. Diversity brings new ideas, inspires innovation, and strengthens the company. In support of a health work-life balance, we are proud to offer a full suite of group benefits, personal paid days off, and are located outside of the downtown core in an area surrounded by natural green spaces. We have showers and bicycle racks if you wish to commute by bicycle, free parking if you prefer to drive, and on a major bus route if you prefer public transit.
COVID-19 Update: Strengthening our workforce is the key to meeting our customers’ needs. We continue to hire talented people using safe hiring practices. This includes limiting onsite visitors and prioritizing video interviews. Our on-site protocols have been very effective in keeping our team safe throughout the pandemic.
How to Apply:
Send an e-mail to Human Resources: email@example.com