We are adding a Project Engineer to our team. As a member of our Engineering Services group, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our end customers to design, implement, document and test solutions for train control and monitoring systems (TCMS), and Passenger Information Systems (PIS) for the rail transit industry. You will work with professional engineers developing high-quality products in a mature environment. You will work on state-of-the-art electronic systems and design methodology following industry standards.
The position will be adapted to meet the abilities of the successful applicant. The incumbent with significant training and experience will be given the challenges and responsibility to meet their abilities. An intermediate level incumbent will receive the time and mentoring necessary to fully develop into the role. Salary will vary depending on education level and years of experience in the field.
The position involves a wide array of project-related development tasks and skills, including:
• Accountability for the successful completion of engineering projects.
• Responsibility for managing project schedule, budget, and scope.
• Responsibility for planning, scheduling, and coordinating the technical aspects of projects.
• Developing, specifying, and monitoring Engineering Work Orders.
• Coordinating, preparing, reviewing, and approving engineering deliverables, including technical publications, documentation, drawings, testing, and requirements management.
• Ensuring effective internal and client communications.
• Controlling project plans by reviewing design, specifications, plan, and schedule changes and recommending actions.
• Maintaining project schedules by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
What you will need to succeed:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent.
• 5 years of experience managing technical projects and supervising multi-disciplinary technical teams.
• Ability to work with technical teams to create innovative, yet maintainable solutions.
• Strong self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Comfortable working in a team environment and with minimal supervision.
• The ability to travel (when safe to do so) is a requirement of this position.
Experiences that will help you thrive:
• Project-based technical management and/or team lead experience.
• PMP certification or other project management training.
• Exposure to team building and change management methods.
Today’s passenger trains contain dozens of electronic control units that communicate through Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks. Quester Tangent is an established but growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train control and monitoring systems and passenger information systems that are an integral part of these networks.
Quester Tangent is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects all employees as individuals, regardless of age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, and gender. Diversity brings new ideas, inspires innovation, and strengthens the company.
In support of a health work-life balance, we are proud to offer a full suite of group benefits, personal paid days off, and are located outside of the downtown core in an area surrounded by natural green spaces. We have showers and bicycle racks if you wish to commute by bicycle, free parking if you prefer to drive, and on a major bus route if you prefer public transit.
Join our team and help create innovative products used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities across North America and around the world.
How to Apply:
Send an e-mail to Human Resources: email@example.com