Quester Tangent is seeking an experienced engineer to join our dynamic sales team. We are looking for an outgoing team player with excellent technical and people skills to support our push to grow sales. Working on the sales team, you will evaluate bid specifications and design systems to comply with client requirements in order to win new business.
Your primary goal will be to read/evaluate specifications and work with clients to create systems made of both QT and 3rd party equipment. This opportunity provides a significant way to advance your knowledge of sales, marketing and business with a key focus on promoting Quester Tangent.
Salary will vary depending on your particular skillset and experience. Quester Tangent offers a full suite of group benefits, personal paid days off, and flexible hours.
This position reports to the Director of Sales and Marketing, and includes the following roles and responsibilities:
· Tender Evaluation: Reading and evaluating tenders and proposals
· Tender Package Creation: Creating compliance matrices, bid databases, scope of supply, gap analysis, architecture diagrams to meet client tender requirements
· Technical Research: Looking at 3rd party equipment for use in building our systems (i.e. modems, routers, etc.)
· Commercial Signoff: Supporting creation and signoff of commercial packages resulting from your tender packages
· Client Communication: Communicating with clients (phone, email, in person) to discuss project details
· Collaborate with internal teams: Reviewing the offer for each tender with internal teams to confirm recommended architectures/solutions (including software, hardware, networks and services)
· Sales Pipeline Management: Managing your personal sales pipeline of opportunities
What you will need to succeed:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
· 5+ years industry experience in electrical/computer engineering or equivalent
· Ability to understand requirements and propose appropriate technical architectures
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills (both internal and external – with client)
· Comfortable working in a team environment and with minimal supervision
· Travel is required (5-10 times per year typical)
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office – especially Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
Experiences that will help you thrive:
· Salesforce or CRM Sales opportunity management experience
· Customer management and sales experience is an asset
· Familiarity with QT products
Quester Tangent is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects all employees as individuals, regardless of age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, and gender. Diversity brings new ideas, inspires innovation, and strengthens the company.
The salary will vary depending on your particular skillset and years of experience. Quester Tangent offers a competitive benefits package, quarterly personal days, and flex-time hours.
In support of a health work-life balance, we are proud to offer a full suite of group benefits, personal paid days off, and are located outside of the downtown core in an area surrounded by natural green spaces. We have showers and bicycle racks if you wish to commute by bicycle, free parking if you prefer to drive, and on a major bus route if you prefer public transit.
COVID-19 Update: Strengthening our workforce is the key to meeting our customers’ needs. We continue to hire talented people using safe hiring practices. This includes limiting onsite visitors and prioritizing video interviews. Our on-site protocols have been very effective in keeping our team safe throughout the pandemic.