Our Software team is growing! We are looking for an energetic and experienced software product group lead. Your role is vital to the development and quality of our software and you will be involved in all stages of the software product development lifecycle. Working with our Scrum Masters and the development team, you will ensure we continue to delight our clients in a timely fashion.
How you will spend your time:
• Working with product architects and project engineers to establish software goals, scope and product domain
• Planning, estimating, managing budgets, and scheduling development targets spanning multiple quarters
• Overseeing development teams to ensure that software is designed, tested and delivered to organizational requirements and quality standards
• Coaching the development team and providing voice of reason
• Collaborating with the software leadership team on development team alignment, personnel and process improvements
• Hiring new employees, review of applications, conducting technical interviews
• Managing critical resources and removing impediments from the development team
• Monitoring and reporting on software productivity
• Technical and process presentations to management
What you will need to succeed:
• Diploma or degree in Software Engineering; or related education and experience
• 5+ years in a software development environment including team leadership responsibilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Familiarity with software development standards
• Strong knowledge of software release processes
• Technical competence in computers, networking, operating systems and web technology
Experiences that will help you thrive:
• Familiarity with IEEE software standards (1558 applies to rail equipment)
• Experience with Test Automation and Metric Generation
• Experience with scripting languages
• Experience with C++ programming
Today’s passenger trains contain dozens of electronic control units that communicate through Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks. Quester Tangent is an established and growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train control and monitoring systems and passenger information systems that are an integral part of these networks. Join our team and help us create innovative products used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities across North America and around the world.
Quester Tangent is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects all employees as individuals, regardless of age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, and gender. Diversity brings new ideas, inspires innovation, and strengthens the company. In support of a health work-life balance, we are proud to offer a full suite of group benefits, personal paid days off, and are located outside of the downtown core in an area surrounded by natural green spaces. We have showers and bicycle racks if you wish to commute by bicycle, free parking if you prefer to drive, and on a major bus route if you prefer public transit.
COVID-19 Update: Strengthening our workforce is the key to meeting our customers’ needs. We continue to hire talented people using safe hiring practices. This includes limiting onsite visitors and prioritizing video interviews. Our on-site protocols have been very effective in keeping our team safe throughout the pandemic.
How to Apply:
Send an e-mail to Human Resources: email@example.com