We are seeking a highly experienced Supply Chain professional who has worked in industrial purchasing/electronics systems within a manufacturing environment for several years.
The Strategic Buyer – Electronic Materials is responsible for the strategic procurement and management of materials related to the electronic products we manufacture for our passenger rail projects. You will be accountable and responsible for all Supply Chain functions – such as purchasing and inventory management. You will approve purchase orders in accordance with our QA program and will be involved in the final selection of suppliers of goods and services. You will also be responsible for supervising support personnel.
Your duties & responsibilities will include:
- Forecasting and analyzing materials demand in conjunction with booked orders and future business.
- Creating, monitoring, and tracking the purchase order process beginning with reviewing booked orders demand, seeking internal PO approval for sourcing materials, submitting the PO to the vendor, and ending with the delivery of the finished goods to the customer.
- Managing inventory levels and delivery schedules in alignment with Project’s schedules and evolving Supply Chain conditions and in accordance with supplier terms and conditions. Maintaining optimum inventory levels and zero “out-of-stock”.
- Leading and managing procurement of materials, equipment and services for projects/inventory and preparing associated procurement status reports.
- Leading and negotiating terms and conditions with the suppliers to align with Project and Contractual requirements.
- Negotiating, administering, and awarding purchase orders for the acquisition of materials, supplies and services at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and alignment with project schedule and budget requirements.
- Liaising with Project and Contracts team leads/ managers in planning for project deliverables to key customers.
- Leading new vendor’s qualification and the preparation, expansion, and maintenance of approved supplier lists. Conducting and participating in supplier visits.
- Leading and managing the preparation of material cost estimates and procurement plans for proposals and request for quotations.
- Leading and managing the preparation of budgets and cash flow analysis for material purchases and critical item lead-time reports.
- Managing critical Bill of materials obsolescence and End of life product life cycle with key suppliers in support of company’s technology road map in sustaining future business.
- Ensuring accurate and detailed records for inventory, WIP and finished goods.
- Managing and coordinating the return of defective materials to the vendor and initiating Supplier Corrective action on defaulting suppliers.
- Maintaining all databases and reports related to purchasing and inventory.
- Coordinating with freight and customs brokers.
- Ensuring the integrity of the system used for purchasing/shipping/receiving.
- Complying with our Quality Assurance program and ISO 9001 quality management system.
- Liaising with Production and Engineering to ensure materials are available to achieve deliverables.
- Ensuring the receiving inspection identifies all defects prior to stocking.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Ten (10) years of experience in Industrial Purchasing/Electronics Systems within a manufacturing environment.
- Degree /diploma in a related technical field or in Supply Chain management.
- Certification as Supply Chain Management Professional (CSCMP)
- Demonstrated experience with ERP Materials Management/Purchasing systems.
- A high degree of motivation with the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to thrive in a fast paced, high-energy environment with minimum supervision.
About Quester Tangent
Quester Tangent is an established and growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train electronics and software solutions used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities around the world.
We are proud to foster a workplace that values and respects all employees as individuals. We believe that diversity brings new ideas, inspires innovation, and strengthens our company.
In support of a healthy work-life balance, we offer a full suite of group benefits, paid personal days, education reimbursements, company events and are located outside of the downtown core in an area surrounded by natural green spaces. We have showers and bicycle racks if you wish to cycle to work, free parking if you choose to drive, and are located on a major bus route if you prefer public transit.