Our Hardware team is growing! We are looking for an experienced hardware engineer who is technically proficient and also enjoys leading a team.
Your role is vital to the development and quality of our hardware; you will be involved in all stages of the development lifecycle. Working with other team leads, product owners, and the development team, you will ensure we continue to deliver a quality product to our internal and external clients.
How you will spend your time: (70% technical work, 30% leading team)
- Working with product owners to establish hardware development goals and scope of work
- Planning, estimating, managing budgets, and scheduling development targets spanning multiple quarters
- Overseeing development teams to ensure that hardware is designed, tested and delivered to organizational requirements and quality standards
- Continually monitoring progress of team members and provide expert direction and mentorship as required
- Collaborating with the hardware leadership team on developing team alignment as well as personnel and process improvements
- Working with other teams and removing impediments from the development team
- Monitoring and reporting on hardware development metrics
- Performing the functions of a senior hardware engineer such as architectural design, detailed design, requirements analysis and management, schematic entry, PCB layout, and testing
- Supporting other team members when issues are observed during development, production, or in the field. Assisting with problem solving as required
What you will need to succeed:
- Diploma or degree in Electrical Engineering; or related education and experience
- Minimum 10 years of hardware design using PCB CAD software and development experience and minimum 3 years of team leadership experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Familiarity with hardware development standards, including EMI/EMC compliance
- Comfortable working in a team environment and with minimal supervision.
Experiences that will help you thrive:
- A keen desire and ability to implement company standards in a team environment that leads to a high degree of maintainability and sub-system re-use
- Ability to travel as required to the customer premises and field sites
- Experience with team building and change management methods
- Experience with Altium PCB CAD software
- The ability to keep up with new technology and its application
Today’s passenger trains contain dozens of electronic control units that communicate through Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks. Quester Tangent is an established and growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train control and monitoring systems and passenger information systems that are an integral part of these networks.
Join our team and help us create innovative products used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities across North America and around the world.
Quester Tangent is proud to foster a workplace that values and respects all employees as individuals, regardless of age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, and gender. Diversity brings new ideas, inspires innovation, and strengthens the company.
In support of a health work-life balance, we are proud to offer a full suite of group benefits, personal paid days off, and are located outside of the downtown core in an area surrounded by natural green spaces. We have showers and bicycle racks if you wish to commute by bicycle, free parking if you prefer to drive, and on a major bus route if you prefer public transit.
How to Apply:
Please apply by sending your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please remember to include which position you are applying to.