Today’s passenger trains contain dozens of electronic control units that communicate through multiple Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks. Quester Tangent is an established but growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train data software and hardware, automated signage, and audiovisual products that are an integral part of these networks.
Join our team and help create innovative products used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities across North America and around the world.
Quester Tangent is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects all employees as individuals, regardless of age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, and gender. Diversity brings new ideas, inspires innovation, and strengthens the company.
Quester Tangent is seeking a Team Lead for our FleetWise® Wayside Monitoring and Diagnostic Software solution.
FleetWise® is an innovative, cost-effective data-management system designed to help transit authorities remotely collect and analyze operational and maintenance data and access a unified view to achieve superior fleet performance.
- Guiding team development efforts towards successful delivery.
- Providing technical leadership to the team.
- Maintaining high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identifying and encouraging areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Collaborating with other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web-based applications.
- Assisting in the collection and documentation of user requirements, developing use cases, and providing estimates and work plans.
- Preparing reports, manuals, and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software.
- Designing, developing, and testing applications in accordance with established standardsAssisting in the collection and documentation of user requirements, developing use cases, and providing estimates and work plans.
- Participating in peer reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Interacting with development team members and customers.
The ability to travel is a requirement of this position.
The salary will vary depending on education level and years of experience in the field. Quester Tangent offers a competitive benefits package, quarterly personal days, and flex-time hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Experience with back and front-end web development using ASP.NET MVC.
- Working knowledge of developing, deploying, and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Experience with managing Windows Server within an Active Directory managed domain.
- Understanding of security best practices (database, intranet and internet).
- Understanding of real-time computing in a multi-threaded environment.
- Understanding of detailed interactions of network programming on wired and wireless LANs.
- Ability to create innovative, yet maintainable and testable solutions.
- Must be able to travel.
Reply in confidence to:
Quester Tangent Corporation
Attn: Human Resources
Or send via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.