Today’s passenger trains contain dozens of electronic control units that communicate through multiple Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks. Quester Tangent is an established but growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train data software and hardware, automated signage, and audiovisual products that are an integral part of these networks.
Join our team and help create innovative products used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities across North America and around the world.
Quester Tangent is looking for a junior to intermediate level developer with experience in both client and server side web development for our on-train applications.
Quester Tangent offers a competitive salary and benefits package, an opportunity for travel, and a friendly work environment.
- Building web user interfaces for train driver and maintenance displays.
- Creating rapid prototypes to support the design process.
- Integrating developed code with automated test infrastructure.
- Assisting with preparation of design and test documents to IEEE software standards.
- Experience using the Chrome Web Inspector to debug the front end.
- Experience using CSS, HTML, DOM, and JSON.
- Ability to produce web prototypes based on UI mock-up diagrams.
- Experience with C/C++, preferably on a Linux platform.
- WebSockets programming experience, particularly libwebsocket in C.
- Use of a debugger, valgrind, Wireshark/tcpdump, SSH, and similar tools.
- Experience maintaining and extending code written by others.
Reply in confidence to:
Quester Tangent Corporation
Attn: Human Resources
Or send via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.