Today’s passenger trains contain dozens of electronic control units that communicate through multiple Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks. Quester Tangent is an established but growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train data software and hardware, automated signage, and audiovisual products that are an integral part of these networks.
Join our team and help create innovative products used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities across North America and around the world.
Quester Tangent is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects all employees as individuals, regardless of age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, and gender. Diversity brings new ideas, inspires innovation, and strengthens the company.
Quester Tangent is looking for Junior to Intermediate level Embedded Developers with a solid understanding of real-time computing in a multi-threaded environment, along with experience in C++ coding and debugging, network programming, and multiple Internet and Ethernet protocols.
Quester Tangent offers a competitive salary and benefits package, an opportunity for travel, and a friendly work environment.
- Building network and application software in both real time RTOS and Linux environments on ARM targets.
- Preparing requirements, design, and test documentation to IEEE software standards, and implementing test suites.
- Interacting with customers.
- Integration and/or training.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Development experience coding and debugging in C/C++.
- Understanding of real-time computing in a multi-threaded environment.
- Capable of reading electronic schematics and component data sheets.
- Ability to create innovative, yet maintainable solutions.
- Must be able to travel.
- Experience with Internet and Ethernet protocols.
- Good working knowledge of software debug and test utilizing standard electronic test equipment in conjunction with in-circuit test equipment and software.
- Device driver development experience.
Reply in confidence to:
Quester Tangent Corporation
Attn: Human Resources
Or send via e-mail to: email@example.com
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.