We are seeking a Project Engineer to join the Quester Tangent Engineering team. As senior members within the Engineering Services Group, Project Engineers are responsible for the technical planning and execution of our contracts. Working in partnership with the assigned Project Manager, the Project Engineer assumes project leadership for all technical aspects, including effort estimation, task assignment, process tracking, documentation consumption and creation, requirements management, leading client technical discussions, presenting at design reviews, and tracking and reporting on all project aspects.
Furthermore, as the technical project lead, the Project Engineer represents the company in meetings with customers, suppliers, and stakeholders, with a focus on design details and project integration tactics.
The Project Engineer will work with other professionals developing high-quality products in a mature environment. You will work on state-of-the-art electronic systems and design methodology following robust industry standards.
How you will spend your time:
- Ensuring the successful completion of engineering product development and delivery projects.
- Managing project schedules, budgets, and scopes.
- Planning, scheduling, and coordinating the technical aspects of projects.
- Developing, specifying, and monitoring Engineering Work Orders.
- Coordinating, preparing, reviewing, and approving engineering deliverables, such as technical publications, documentation, drawings, testing, and requirements management.
- Ensuring effective internal and client communications with a focus on maintaining strong working relationships with stakeholders.
- Overseeing project plans by reviewing design specifications, plans, and schedule changes, and recommending actions.
- Maintaining project schedules by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving issues.
What you will need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, Software, or Computer Engineering. Equivalent education or experience will be considered. Please include alternative experience in your application if applicable.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing technical projects and supervising multidisciplinary technical teams.
- Ability to work with technical teams to create innovative, yet maintainable solutions.
- Effective strategic communication skills and the ability to efficiently process complex technical information.
- Strong, organized self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a team environment and with minimal supervision.
Experiences that will help you thrive:
- Project-based technical management and/or team lead experience, particularly in high-tech software and/or electronics fields.
- PMP certification or other project management training.
- Experience with team building and change management methods.
- Experience with the implementation or definition of cybersecurity strategies, as well as other networking or Information Technology.
The successful candidate, equipped with substantial training and experience, will be entrusted with challenging responsibilities that align with their expertise. For those at an intermediate level, we provide dedicated time and mentorship to support their full development into the role.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Reliably commute to Saanichton, BC, or plan to relocate.
- Authorization to work in Canada.